Meet John Michael Durr
John Michael Durr is an accomplished Three-Day Eventer, ICP certified trainer and Show Jumper who has devoted most of his life to riding and training horses of all levels. He started out riding horses in 1991 at Oakridge Training Stables where he worked closely under the direction of highly respected Eventer and coach Yves Sauvignon until 2003. During that time, John Michael competed multiple horses through the Preliminary level and groomed many three- and four-star horses for Sauvignon.
Furthering his education as a working student at Flying Tail Farm, John Michael excelled under the instruction of Dayna Lynd-Pugh. His time at Flying Tail Farms allowed him to further develop as a professional equestrian where he not only competed at a variety of levels on a wide variety of horses but also began his career as an instructor.
John Michael was also fortunate to spend over five years working directly under five-star dressage judge Lilo Fore at her own Sporthorse America in Santa Rosa, California. During that time he was able to start young horses, fix troubled horses, and train horses through the levels, all directly under Lilo’s expert guidance.
John Michael has been competing successfully in Three-Day Eventing for over a decade, developing horses to the upper levels and achieving top results. He earned a spot on the 2004 Area VI NAYRC Eventing Team at NAYRC in Chicago with his own mare, Imadgine That. He and Imadgine That repeated the feat when they landed on the 2005 Area VI NAYRC Eventing Team in Lexington, Kentucky.
Durr has provided countless young prospects with their foundation in Eventing, including the 2010 Rolex Kentucky CCI4* competitor High Patriot. John Michael has also had success campaigning upper level horses, including his stallion Warrick III at the Advanced and three-star levels, adding multiple wins to their record.
Because of his extensive experience in spotting young talented horses and developing them to the upper levels, John Michael is well equipped to find the right horse to suit the needs of a wide variety of clients.
As an ICP Certified Instructor, John Michael enjoys training riders and horses of all levels. He feels very fortunate to work alongside some of the most well respected individuals in the world of equestrian sports. Pairing techniques he has learned over the years with a natural riding ability, Durr is able to better both the performances of his students and the horses he rides.
- 2017 – 7th Place, Carolina Horse Park Young Event Horse Competition
- 2017 – 12th Place, Tryon International Hunter Derby
- 2017 – 5th Place, Tryon International, 1 meter Jumper
- 2017 – 5th Place, Wind Ridge Preliminary
- 2017 – 1st Place, Stable View Preliminary
- 2017 – 6th and 7th Place, Wind Ridge Preliminary
- 2017 – 5th and 7th Place, FENCE Preliminary
- 2016 – 1st Place, Fresno County Intermediate
- 2015 – 2nd Place, Galway Downs CIC3*
- 2014 – 7th Place, Galway Downs CCI3*
- 2014 – 4th Place, Copper Meadows CIC3*
- 2014 – 6th Place, Rebecca Farm CIC3*
- 2014 – 2nd Place, Galway Downs CIC3*
- 2013 – 7th Place, Galway Downs CCI2*
- 2013 – 3rd Place, Woodside CIC2*
- 2013 – 2nd Place, Twin Rivers Advanced
- 2012 – 6th Place, Galway Downs CIC3*
- 2011 – 4th Place, Galway Downs CCI2*
- 2011 – 7th Place, Twin Rivers Advanced
- 2010 – 4th Place, Galway Downs CCI2*
- 2010 – 1st Place, Woodside Advanced
- 2007 – 10th Place, Galway Downs CIC2*
- 2006 – 9th Place, Galway Downs CIC2*
- 2005 – NAYRC Area VI Team
- 2004 – NAYRC Area VI Team
Meet Kimmy Durr
Kimmy Durr grew up living on an Arabian breeding farm where she learned to ride and worked with children in a therapeutic riding program. She rode in rodeos and gymkhanas and also competed in Barrel Racing. When she was ten years old Kimmy met Ruth Bley who introduced her to jumping and to Eventing. Kimmy rode horses for Ruth until she bought her own Pikture This from Ruth at the age of 13. Kimmy has produced Pikture This, aka “Pik,” from the Intro level all the way to the three-star level. Kimmy and Pik were selected to participate in the Developing Rider/Eventing 25 Program in both 2014 and again in 2015.
Kimmy was a member of Fresno State’s NCAA Equestrian Team. She walked onto the team as a freshman in 2008 and was a member until her graduation in 2012. While on the team she earned the distinction of MVP on several occasions and held a high score of 95 (out of 100) in Equitation on the flat.
- 2017 – 8th Place, River Glen Beginner Novice
- 2017 – 8th Place, Stable View Training
- 2017 – 2nd Place, Sporting Days Farm Novice
- 2016 – 1st Place, Full Gallop Intermediate
- 2016 – 1st Place, Coconino Classic Intermediate
- 2016 – 1st Place, Coconino Intermediate/Preliminary
- 2016 – 1st Place, Woodland Stallion Station Preliminary
- 2016 – 1st Place, Galway Downs Preliminary
- 2015 – 1st Place, Aspen Farms CIC1*
- 2015 – 1st Place, Twin Rivers CCI1*
- 2015 – Eventing 25/Developing Rider List
- 2014 – 5th Place, Copper Meadows CIC3*
- 2014 – 8th Place, Copper Meadows Advanced
- 2014 – 9th Place, Woodside Advanced
- 2014 – 5th Place, Galway Downs CIC2*
- 2014 – Eventing 25/Developing Rider List
- 2013 – 10th Place, Galway Downs CCI2*
- 2013 – 4th Place, Woodside CIC2*
- 2013 – 6th Place, Twin Rivers Intermediate
- 2013 – 1st Place, Woodside Intermediate
- 2013 – 12th Place, Rebecca Farm CCI1*
- 2012 – 1st Place, Ram Tap Preliminary
- 2012 – 1st Place, Ram Tap Preliminary
- 2008-2012 – Fresno State NCAA Equestrian Team Member